Inspired by Kintsukuroi, a Japanese word describing the art of repairing broken pottery with gold or silver lacquer.
Project Sukuroi is an amazing leave-in moisturiser and styling product from O&M.
It contains Gold of Pleasure Oil which originates from a flowering plant known as Camellia, as well as O&M’s Signature Oil Blend which is a natural blend of organic coconut and organic macadamia oils that help to recondition the hair to protect it and leave it glossy and knot free. It also contains keratin to strengthen, rebuild and smooth.
As well as the infusion of moisture and repair, Project Sukuroi has a high shine factor due to the shimmer of gold flecks throughout the cream, its extremely luxe and one of my favourite moisturizers to use in the salon and at home.
Here are some easy steps to follow to use Project Sukuroi at home.
- After shampooing and conditioning give your hair a towel dry and remove moisture so it's not dripping wet.
- Detangle gently with your fingers or a wide tooth comb, do not pull too hard or be too rough as the hair is the most fragile when it's wet just make sure it's not in big clumps and you can get the product through evenly.
- Depending on your hair length and thickness use a 10c piece amount of the cream for shorter-medium length hair which is finer and a 20c piece amount for thicker longer hair. Rub it between your hands so it's distributed evenly then start at the ends of your hair and work the product through. Now move up to the mid lengths of the hair, you can rake your fingers through the top of your hair but by this time you shouldn’t have much product left on your hands. You do not want to put the product directly onto the roots as it's highly moisturising and can make your hair oily.
- Use a wide tooth comb or a tangle teaser and comb through the hair to remove any knots and make sure the product is all the way through the hair.
- Style as desired. This could include blow drying or letting the hair dry naturally
Project Sukuroi is one of those products that everyone should have in their bathroom. It's extremely versatile and the smell is divine but not overpowering. It's great for thick hair that needs smoothing, curly hair to tame frizz and coloured hair that lacks shine.
Try Project Sukuoi for yourself you won’t be disappointed.