Let's face it - I know none of us want to admit this but ... we don’t always treat our hair the way it deserves. Guilty!!!
However, I have a solution for you!
I’d like to introduce you to Khairpep! Your hair's new ride or die. Us hairdresser’s won't shut up about it.
Don't have time to read all of this? Here's my video covering everything you need to know about Khairpep k18...
We experience damage on our hair on so many different levels of severity, it could be from changing our hair colour a lot, or we love using the curler and straightener almost daily, or maybe we are just a bit too rough and impatient when brushing our hair…. These are just a few of the common reasons why we experience damage and breakage on our hair.
Khairpep K18 is a treatment like no other; being a peptide based treatment, a leave-in treatment and contains 18 of 23 amino acids, it works to reconnect broken keratin chains by carrying amino acids back into the core of the hair and restoring the hair's overall integrity, adding shine and improving elasticity.
This is everything we want plus more, oh and might I mention Khairpep does all of that basically instant!
What does all that mean? I know, I know, let's break it down.
- Hair is made up of a protein called Keratin, the inner core of the hair contains Disulphide bonds and Hydrogen bonds that help keep the hairs heath and integrity intact.
- When the hair becomes damaged from colour, chemical relaxers, hot tools, environmental aggressors and more, the Disulphide bonds often break - this causes the hair to become weak and damaged.
- When we wet and shampoo our hair the Hydrogen bonds break, however, they reset when the hair is dried.
- For Khairpep to work, the hair needs to be shampooed and wet (hydrogen bonds - broken) so the cuticle is open, creating an entrance portal to the inner structure of the hair.
- The Khairpep can then travel into the hair and release the amino acids.
- Once in the hair the amino acids work like a transplant, re-linking and repairing the broken keratin chains and disulphide bonds.
- In turn restoring hair back to almost virgin-like quality!
- Khairpep then remains in the hair, no rinsing out and no conditioning, sealing itself inside the inner structure of the hair.
Now we have the science out of the way, you might be thinking ‘is this treatment going to benefit me?’. The short answer is, YES! Fine hair, long hair, thick hair, severely damaged, short hair, curly hair, I could go on and on, Khairpep will improve your hair health no matter your hair type or hair concern.
First thing is first, Serum or Masque?! What’s the difference? Which is best for me? Let me lay down the hard facts for you and the differences between the two treatment types.
- Lightweight, cream consistency
- Great for longer hair types, medium to thick hair, knotty hair and curly hair.
- Khairpep Masque has detangling properties making it easy to distribute and comb through the hair after shampooing
- Fast absorbing and lightweight, you do not notice the product weight being left in your hair
- Spray application and consistency
- Ideal for short hair: pixie cuts, short layered hair, hair lengths above the jaw and ears and fine to super fine hair
- Khairpep Serum does not detangle the hair like the Masque, however does have the exact same restorative benefits
- Very lightweight and fast absorbing
How to use Khairpep.
And now you might be thinking… how do I use this life-changing bottle of liquid gold?
Here is my step-by-step guide!
1 - Completely detangle your hair and then wash 2 times with shampoo only! DO NOT USE A CONDITIONER.
2 - Roughly towel dry your hair, I am aware it won't feel great and will likely be knotty at this moment as there is no conditioner in the hair. Don't be alarmed, this is where the Khair Pep comes in and saves the day. If your hair has some length to it, split the hair down the centre so you have 2 halves of your hair to work with.
3 - If you have shorter hair and are using the SERUM, start to spray the serum throughout all of the hair ensuring you have light to medium saturation of Khairpep throughout.
If you are using the MASQUE and have longer hair, take 1-2mls (1-2pumps) of Khairpep and work this through the mid lengths and ends of one side of your hair. Repeat this process on the other side of your hair with 1-2mls more. Any excess that is left on your hands and fingers you can run through the top section of your hair.
You will use a total of 2mls (2pumps) for your whole head if you have finer or medium/short hair - bob style hair cuts.
And you can use up to 4ml (4pumps) for your whole head if you have long and thicker hair types.
4 - Once applied to the hair, the Khairpep will require a 4 minute activation period. During this 4 minutes you can start to detangle the hair with your fingers then move onto a wide tooth comb or brush to completely distribute and detangle your hair.
5 - THAT’S IT! No rinsing out and no conditioning - you can style your hair as please or leave it to dry naturally.
Although, if you are planning on blow waving and styling your hair and you want to use styling products, you can! Although, you just need to make sure you apply these products after the 4 minute activation period.
With thousands of products and treatments on the market it can be so overwhelming to research and decide what is going to help restore the quality of your hair. I am so confident in the benefits of Khairpep, try it out at home or add it to your next service at the salon!
I don't want to put words in your mouth, but, let’s just say I am extremely confident you will fall in love with Khairpep much like we have here at the salon.
Author - Elly Paynter is an Artistic Director at Chumba's Windsor Salon.